21/10/2025 (Agence Europe) – The European Commissioner for Trade, Maroš Šefčovič, said he had a constructive discussion with Chinese Trade Minister Wang Wentao on Tuesday 21 October about China’s recent export restrictions on rare earth technologies. “We have agreed to intensify contacts at all levels. Our discussion lasted almost two hours. I have invited the Chinese authorities to come to Brussels to find solutions as a matter of urgency”, the European Commissioner told the press. He recalled the negative impact of Chinese measures on European industry and on EU-China relations. Mr Šefčovič also mentioned the ‘Nexperia’ case, the Chinese chip manufacturer that came under Dutch control last week: “I am reassured by the intention of both sides to calm the situation”. The Commissioner met the Dutch Minister for Economic Affairs on Monday 20 October to discuss this issue. (LM)