Brussels, 19/03/2014 (Agence Europe) - On Wednesday 19 March, High Representative of the EU for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy Catherine Ashton and Iran's Minister for Foreign Affairs Mohammad Javad Zarif spoke of the “constructive and useful” nature of their talks during the second round of negotiations on the Iranian nuclear programme. The talks were also attended by representatives from the E3+3 group (Germany, France, United Kingdom and China, United States, Russia).
“Based on the framework for the negotiations established at our meeting last month, we had substantive and useful discussions covering a set of issues, including enrichment, the Arak reactor, civil nuclear cooperation and sanctions”, Ashton told press.
The E3+3 and Iran will meet again in Vienna on 7-9 April for a third round of negotiations “on the substantial areas which we intend to cover in a comprehensive agreement”, said Ashton. She added that in the meantime technical experts will meet to further elaborate on the details of “the relevant issues”. The goal of the negotiations is to transform the provisional agreement of 24 November into a definitive agreement on the Iranian nuclear programme. (CG)